Thursday, February 28, 2008

Where will my garden grow?



Since we are now getting a 70+ degree day every few days on average it seems that all the radio and tv adds have changed over to nursery's and garden centers. This of coarse drives me nuts because we are in an apartment and don't even have a really sunny patio (which of coarse is great in the middle of summer). I knew this would be an issue as I am a total yard freak. I would love to spend all day at a garden center picking out flowers and shrubs and trees then come home and plant them and water them. I love when the everything blooms I could just walk around a nice yard forever admiring all the blooms, leaves and different types of bark. Ok I'm starting to sound a little over the top. But I just really love and appreciate things that grow. I have a couple of shade loving things on my patio. I even planted some grass in a pot out there. ;-) It doesn't really make up for the lack of yard though. I can tell that this spring is going to be a little trying for me, but I'll just keep thinking of how much less work it is to live here (said with clinched teeth) and that it is only a matter of time before we will buy a house and put our own roots down here.

No comments: