Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Big Helper


Ian blew me away today. He is now not quite 4 1/2 but you would have thought he was a teenager with his babysitting training certificate and everything. He followed around the almost 1 and almost 2 year old watching there every move and giving them age appropriate toys. When he saw them with something questionable he would say, don't put that in your mouth, don't choke on that, let me show you what you CAN play with. He would usher them away from areas of the house that were not "play areas". He talked with them, "read" them books, played silly entertaining games and dances with them. I have to say I feel like I owe him some money. Although, at the end of the day he is tired just like I am and so about that time I don't feel like I owe him anything but a great big huh! ;-)

He is growing up so very fast before my very eyes, but we are enjoying every moment and I'm so proud of him.

2 comments:

Tana said...

I miss you Ian!!!

Sarah said...

He misses you too! He saw you on the computer the other night and was asking about you. He misses our Sushi outings together (as do I!)

Then Jonathan was sitting at the table spelling names and he spelled yours out of the blue.