Monday, November 26, 2007

Possibilites

Went to Mc'ds today with a group of girls. Part way through the morning I realized that everyone at the table but me (5 others) all had teaching degrees. Now, they don't all actively teach right now but they had some great perspective on the job as a whole. It was very encouraging.

A possible opportunity came up that seems to fit into my grand scheme! Although it may not sound like at first. So I'm most likely going to have to take at least one prerequisite class to get back in to the swing of college. This next semester might be a good time to do it since I don't have residency yet so it might just pay to wait until next fall when I will. So what do I do between now and then? Well, I do have a friend that is in need of one semesters worth of child care for her 4 kids (two little ones, 1 preschooler, and one kindergartener). So the little ones need watching m,t,w,th. The preschooler attends school t,w,th. And the kindergartener only needs to be picked up from school. This would give me something to do, allow me to hang out with some kids, and make some extra money to pay for Ians preschool next year (he wants to go more often so we are looking into a 4-5 day a week pre-k class for him.) Since they do full day kindergarten it is good to get used to going more and he really really enjoys it. This would also free me up to focus my daytime on school, so I don't have to sacrifice to much of my evenings and weekends working on school.

So there you have the most recent development in my life. This is still all a little up in the air since two of her children are foster/adopt and we need to make sure that I am an ok caregiver since I don't have my license here (only in WA). And that the school job works out well. It seems to be one of those opportunities that all the puzzle pieces just fit together but we will wait on the Lord and see.

Jonathan - Has expressed some interest in trying out for a vocal solo at church. So after discussing it with him (what happens if he gets it and what happens if he doesn't) he has been practicing and we will be taking him to tryouts on Wednesday night. YIKES! While we were very pleasantly surprised to hear him practicing (he sounds great!) we are preparing ourselves for tears. Jonathan has a tendency to get very emotionally invested in things. Like this morning he completely lost it when we couldn't find his school folder. So I promised that if we found it we would take it to the school. Well as soon as I got back to the house James came running out with it, he had found it crammed in the back of some books on their book shelf. So I followed the bus to a stop and gave the folder to him. I still don't think that he fully realized what was happening, so I look forward to asking him after school. I'm hoping that he wasn't totally humiliated, while this hasn't happened yet, I suppose that day is inevitable. We'll try to put it off as long as possible. He still wants us to come and eat lunch with him (at 10:30!!) so I think we are in the clear.

Ian - Is also wanting to try out but we assume once we get there he will shy out of it, but who knows. I worked in his class this Sunday and as soon as we got in there he starts pulling up chairs and directing the kids to sit in them all in a row in front of him while he starts to dance for them (very funny!) So, I leaned over to his regular teacher and asked if he is always like that and she gave me this perplexed look and said "he never even says a word". Well aparently it might be a good idea for me to work in his class now and again! It is odd since he does so well in preschool, although that is with 3/4s instead of 4/5s. I guess that is probably a preview of what it would be like if we put him in the "proper" school grade instead of waiting a year.

Well I think that is all for now.

Sarah

No comments: