Friday, November 23, 2007

Decorating for the season.

Today we dug out what boxes aren't in long term storage to find what we had to work with for Christmas. Since the unloading of the truck was sort of a whirlwind of boxes flying to and fro I can't think for sure why I put anything anywhere. But, it is what it is and we are not going into storage to pull a few specifics out from under our furniture, boxes and yard care stuff!

So the main things that seemed to have made it into storage are BOTH fake trees we have, all of our hand made and crocheted stockings (yeah o.k. that one did make me tear up a bit) and many of our extra ornaments I use around the house. We do however have a few of my favorites I have picked up at after Christmas sales. I was pleasantly surprised with a certain snow man that I had forgotten I had adopted last year into our Christmas clan. We also have a set of three alpine trees that will for this year be IT for trees. Funny enough we found enough large sized white lights to do the whole front of our last house... hahaha, and this year we don't even have a house to put them on ( I had gotten them after Christmas so they are still new in the box!!!)

So this Christmas will be a bit different but we are grateful for where we are and will make due with what we have. I did have to add a few ornaments this year since we needed smaller ones for the smaller trees. I got a little Santa foot ball player to symbolize our new love for the COWBOYS!!! woohooo 10-1. I got a matte finished gold star for the lone star state, and a funny one that is a rustic bird house looking thing with a door that opens and you see a tiny squirl sitting on an out house seat reading a paper. I'll have to get a picture of that one! That pretty much sums this Christmas up.

No comments: