Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas

Christmas eve 8pm leave service at church to start our drive.
10pm van acts up and we pull over (waited several minutes , restart, ok)
12am still driving.
2am, driving some more,
4 am driving bleary eyed
6am sun starting to come up... helps driving
8am and still driving
10 am are we EVER going to get there
12 pm getting closer
1pm arrive at papa and grammy's house for Christmas day

(SO NOT WORTH DRIVING ALL NIGHT)
In hind sight the 3-4 days of recuperation that were required after the drive were not worth getting there on Christmas day. Next time we will either fly or take 2 days to drive.

We stayed for about 6 days then took 2 days to drive back. That was much much better. I will post pictures sometime soon.

2 comments:

Tana said...

Oh, I bet that was so special for the boys!!!

Tana said...

I tagged you! (Better check out my blog to see what I mean!!!)